The Hillside Middle School Library will contribute to student learning by collaborating in teaching research strategies, developing reading comprehension skills for informational and literary texts and providing materials and services that support the curriculum needs of teachers and students. The library will be an inviting space for independent, small group and class work.
• Promote reading behaviors for lifelong learning and enjoyment of reading
• Assist students in comprehending literary and informational texts
• Collaborate with teachers to provide instruction of research skills
• Instruct students in in identifying, evaluating and using source materials
• Offer flexible scheduling in keeping with secondary school needs for teachers and students.
• Provide a welcoming place of academic study for students and staff
The Hillside Middle School Library aims to be an intrinsic component of school instruction by bolstering information literacy, offering high quality resources and services and fostering lifelong, critical reading habits so students may become discerning, informed members of society.